As you may already know, vaseline is used for a number of things. It’s used to treat dry skin, prevent rashes, protect minor cuts, soften and moisturize dry skin and many more. According to Healthline, vaseline works so well because of petroleum jelly, its main ingredient. Petroleum jelly is a mixture of mineral oils and waxes, which form a semisolid jelly-like substance.
You can apply wherever you need to on your face and on your body. The best part about it is that it’s available everywhere, and it comes in all shapes and sizes. In addition to skincare, it can also be used as a beauty product. Here some of the most common healthy and beauty uses of Vaseline:
1. Make your eyelashes longer- put vaseline over your eyelashes and let it stay overnight. You’ll notice their length and thickness increase in no time!
2. Use it to smoothen your dry and cracked elbows.
3. Get kissable and luscious lips. Apply it to your lips as a primer before you use lipstick.
4. Make scent stick around for long. Softly rub Vaseline on your neck before you apply your perfume.
5. Remove last night’s makeup quick and easy. All you need is Q-tip.
6. Tame your eyebrows with it right before plucking. You’ll feel less pain, for sure.
7. Hide damaged hair if you don’t have time for a hairdresser. Apply it on the split ends and watch them disappear in no time.
8. Remove makeup stains for your clothes.
9. Prevent spray-tan streaks. Simply rub vaseline all over the backs of your knees, ankles, and hands.
10. Get a new exfoliating body wash: mix in vaseline with sea salt for a smoother (and sexier!) skin.
11. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line. It smoothens the glue’s surface.
12. Smooth your skin after shaving and treat those cuts.
13. Insert and remove your earrings by lubricating your earlobes with vaseline.
14. Prevent diaper rashes on your baby’s skin.